Certificate in TEFL
• Our 120 hour certificate in TEFL covers an extended syllabus. Many employers regard the standard for the profession as being a course which comprises a hundred or more hours of study time.
• There is a focus on lesson planning and practical teaching skills which will equip those who are new to the profession and inspire those who already have some experience.
• This course is ideal for those who wish to gain a professional qualification in Teaching English as a Foreign language.
This Course leads to a Level 5 Award Certificate for successful learners. This qualification is independently endorsed by TQUK at a level of learning equivalent to level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and Qualifications Credit Framework (QCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (in which case GCSE’s are at levels 1 and 2 and A Levels are at level 3).
What is TQUK?
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and the Welsh Government.
TQUK offers qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
• All study materials
• Certificate and transcript
• Full Tutor and Admin support
• The course fee includes the TQUK registration and certification.
Introduction to Teaching English as a Foreign Language
• The ‘Natural Way’
• Humanistic Approaches
• Terms and definitions
• Countable and uncountable nouns
• Tenses Verbs; Modal and auxiliary
Teaching and learning grammar
• Presenting a structure
• Grading language
• Mistakes and correction
• Recycling language
• Practice and Production
• Words and sentences
• Using dictionaries
• Choosing vocabulary
• How to teach vocabulary
Teaching Productive skills; Speaking and Writing
• Accuracy vs. Fluency
• Communication activities
• The stages of writing
• Correction techniques
Teaching Receptive skills; Listening and Reading
• Different types of listening skills
• Teaching listening skills
• The stages of reading
• Reading activities and materials
Materials and Aids
• Using flashcards, pictures and realia
• How to organize the board
• Using the overhead projector
• The use of video
• Authentic materials
• The phonetic chart
• Stress, rhythm and intonation
• Mother tongue interference
• Practical activities
• Teaching different types of classes
• Pair and group work
• The contents of a lesson
• The stages of a lesson
• Getting feedback
Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers
• Basic principles
• Teaching on holiday course
• Practical activities and lesson types
Using Course Books Effectively
• Exploiting a course book
• Planning a course
• Course book evaluation
Level – Level 5 TQUK Endorsed
Entry Requirements- none
Course Length -120 hrs
- 460 Euros paid in full on registration
- 460 Euros paid in two instalments 1st 300 Euros, 2nd 160 Euros
- 460Euros paid in three instalments 1st 260 Euros, 2nd 100 Euros, 3rd 100 Euros
NB THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR PAYING IN INSTALMENTS
For all fees 1st instalment is payable on registration, and the 2nd instalment is due one calendar month later and the 3rd instalment is due one calendar month after the 2nd one.