Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners and Teenagers (TEYLT)
The Certificate in English for Young Learners course is designed for those who would like to specialise in teaching English to young children and teenagers.
This is an assignment-based course only. To embark on it, students should be preferably TESOL trained or those with some teaching/tutoring experience. However, students with ‘GCSE’ level-equivalent qualification and have a strong interest in teaching will also be considered. The most important thing is that students must be fluent in both oral and written English at the proficiency level. This 10 unit course will give you insights into how children learn language – both mother tongue and English. You will discover new ideas for activities for both young learners – aged 4 to 11 and teenagers -aged 12+ You are assigned a personal tutor as soon as you enrol, who will give you help and guidance through the course as well as mark your assignments and give you personal feedback.
• Why is it important to teach a second language?
• How young learners learn Languages
• Section A -Teaching Young Learners
• Section B – Teaching Teenagers
• Stories and Speaking activities
• Writing Activities
• Songs, Rhymes and Chants
• Discovery Activities
• Vocabulary Building
• Games , Puzzles and Quizzes
• The Syllabus
Entry Requirements none
Course Length 80 hrs
- 70000 DA paid in full on registration
- 70000 DA paid in two instalments 1st 40000 DA, 2nd 30000 DA
NB THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR PAYING IN INSTALMENTS
For all fees 1st instalment is payable on registration, and the 2nd instalment is due one calendar month later.
Apply now for TEYLT Certificate
- Internationally recognized TEFL/TESOL Certification.
- You can study from anywhere in the world.